To receive Maine Clean Election funding, I will need to collect 3200 qualifying contributions of $5. Will you contribute $5 today?
What is a qualifying contribution?
A qualifying contribution is a contribution of $5 or more made in support of a candidate who wants to run for office as a Maine Clean Election Act candidate. Candidates must raise a certain number of qualifying contributions to show they have community support from individual voters who are registered in their district.
Who can make a qualifying contribution or donation to the Maine Clean Election Fund?
- Only individuals can make qualifying contributions.
- You must be registered to vote in Maine.
Other important information
- Qualifying contributions can only be made with the contributor’s personal funds.
- Contributions made with a business credit card will not be counted.
- The candidate cannot give anything in exchange for the contribution.
- There is no fee for using this service.
- You will need a valid debit or credit card (VISA or MasterCard).